You've seen these bars on our personal Surrons, now is your chance to own them! These are designed for motocross bikes and twist throttle, superior to the 31.8 MTB bars usually found on Surron and Talaria which are not designed for twist throttles (bend is too straight) and also created to be light and sacrifice the strength needed for heavier motorcycles. They are also available in sizes greater than 3" where MTB bars max out.
Our favorite bend is the Pastrana FMX and Windham!
Required For Fitment:
31.8 to 28.6mm shims are required to adapt these bars to your existing Surron or Talaria stem. Alternatively, you can purchase a direct mount MX Stem here with 2.5" rise OR get the Warp9 Transformer stem that works with both bars.
The Contour bar is ProTaper's best-selling handlebar. Oversize diameter handlebars, without cross bars, were invented, and patented, by ProTaper. This design allows the bar to flex more and absorb impacts better than other bars. This offers the rider more comfort and less fatigue without sacrificing bar strength. The Contour is the most affordable way to get your hands on the most sought after bar design in the world. The Contour handlebar utilizes a computer profiled 5mm wall design and is up to 20% lighter than other bars yet up to 40% stronger.
- Made from 5mm, proprietary, 2000 series T6 aluminum alloy for superior tensile and yield strength.
- Most affordable balance between bar fatigue life, impact strength and impact absorbing flex.
- High tech, stress relieved, shot peen and anodized finish for unmatched durability.
- Left side knurling provides maximum grip traction.
- Chemically applied cut lines and alignment grid are scratch and peel resistant.
- End plugs help keep the elements out of the handlebar tubing and aid in longer grip life.
- Comes with bar pad.
- Weighs only 1.55 pounds (720 grams) w/o pad.
ProTaper Handlebar Sizing Chart