The 21" Front Wheel is one of the most popular upgrades in the industry with these advantages: huge tire selection, rolls over terrain easier, massive traction, no more flat tires. Charged builds these with oversized 10g spokes built in the USA by Buchanan.
- 21x1.6 Tusk Impact Black Rim, or choose an Excel Rim in multiple colors
- Upgraded 10g stainless steel spokes made in the USA by Buchanan
- Billet 7075 Hub (available in Black, Blue, Red, Gold)
- Run 15 psi or less with 2mm tube
- Compatible with Surron, Segway, Talaria
TIRE INSTALLATION AVAILABLE!!
You must verify that your fork is compatible with a 21" front tire, many are not! Forks we know to be compatible are: DNM Inverted OEM fork, DVO Onyx, and most other aftermarket 27.5" sized forks like Fox40, Marzocchi 58, Manitou Dorado, etc.. MOST 26" forks are NOT compatible with 21" wheels.
The Talaria has a "stink bug" geometry. The front end is too low and the rear high which translates into low confidence while riding the bike. Upgrading to a 21" on your Talaria will offer better traction and handling and confidence and removing that stink bug feel that it has. On the Surron we highly recommend a 16" rear tire, but on the Talaria we are enjoying the 21" up front to raise the front end to where it should be. If you have an RST fork you must buy a compatible tire (read above).
There are a few considerations to a 21" Front wheel upgrade we want you to be aware of:
- Adding rotational mass makes the bike feel heavier and turn a bit slower. Most people don’t mind, but those who love a quick and nimble bike prefer 16/19 to retain those attributes. Those wanting a taller and larger bike prefer the 18/21.
- Upgrading just the front to 21" raises the front which changes the geometry of the bike and shifts weight onto the rear end which makes the bike feel off-balance. There is also a traction imbalance. We highly recommend you upgrade to a rear 19x3.50 tire or an 18” wheel to match the 21”.
*All our wheels are hand built to order, please expect 2 weeks for delivery.