One of the best upgrades you can make is replacing your OEM front tire with a great motocross racing tire like this MX53. This tire is taller, more round, with large knobs for a massive improvement in front end traction and turning. Before spending $500+ on a 21" wheel upgrade try this first! Our favorite setup is actually a 16/19" using the OEM front wheel with a new tire, and a Charged 16" rear wheel using 90/100-16 MX racing tires.
70/100-19 Fits OEM Front Wheel
80/100x21 Requires 21" Wheel Upgrade
Intermediate/Hard Terrain Front Tire
Designed to offer performance in a wide variety of terrains, the Geomax MX53 excels in hard-packed track conditions while also offering greater versatility in intermediate riding conditions.
- The front tire has been redesigned with a taller profile to offer a larger contact patch, providing gentler handling, a higher lean angle and better maneuverability.
- The MX53 front tire blocks are 1 mm higher and have been redistributed to give riders better steering feel and more biting edges.
- A horseshoe pattern of blocks on the front tire reduces the stiffness in the center of the tire to offer greater ride compliance. The unique pattern of the horseshoe blocks also grabs the dirt to provide better braking grip.
- Block-In-A-Block technology has been added to the front tire of the MX53 in order to aid in linear tracking and improved steering.
- The altered Block-In-A-Block shape on the rear tire allows for added flex in the knob to enhance grip while providing stability and slide control.
- Front and rear tires include tie bars between select knobs to reduce flex at the base of the knobs, improving durability.
- Dunlop’s Advanced Apex Design improves shock absorption by diffusing shock through a taller, thinner apex inside the sidewall.
- New compounds on the front and rear tire enhance the durability and longevity.