COMING LATE SUMMER - Hit the notification button to be the first to purchase, we will not be holding pre-orders at this time.
- Slightly bigger with an 80mm Stator thickness and more powerful than its little brother the XLB-60.
- 40KW rated & designed from the ground up to handle the heat, 180C rated windings with U42H magnets.
- Custom IPM rotor design and industry leading 1mm rotor air gap revving out to rated 12000RPM.
- Encoder based motor control for increased low end torque response and smooth predicable power delivery.
- We built these motors to stay cool under race conditions to ensure you focus on your riding and not
|XUB-80 Motor (Ultra Bee)|
|VOLTAGE RANGE||48v – 104v|
|MAX STABLE ROTOR RPM||12000RPM|
|MOTOR CONFIGURATION||10 poles and 12 slots|
|WINDING TYPE||Dual Y parallel connection|
|STATOR AND ROTOR STACK THICKNESS||80MM|
|SENSING METHOD||NJDC 605 Encoder|
|Rated power||Air cooled:|
|Max Phase current||900A|
|Rated Phase current (Continuous run)||500A (35Nm)|
|Motor temperature||180 deg C windings|
|140 deg C start limiting|
|160 deg C power cut|
|Colors||Black with Black End Cap|
|Black with Red End Cap|
|Black with Blue End Cap|
|Black with Gold End Cap|
|Black with Purple End Cap|
- your motor temperatures. It doesn’t matter if you are on the track, street or local trail, if you want the best, then this motor is for you.
The EBMX motor range has been specifically designed to surpass the performance of other motors in their classes.
In contrast to many of our competitors who utilize hall sensors, we have opted to incorporate encoder sensors in our motors. This decision stems from the fact that encoder sensors demonstrate greater stability under demanding riding conditions. While hall sensors rely on estimated rotor positions, encoder sensors consistently provide precise angle measurements of the rotor’s position. Hall sensors are typically employed for tracking motor position during start-up and up to approximately 2000 rpm, after which the motor operates in a “sensorless” manner. However, during intense riding situations such as wheel spinning and sudden deceleration combined with rapid throttle adjustments, hall sensors angle detection can result in substantial current spikes in the controller. This can pose significant issues for many controllers, leading to tripping and loss of throttle power, although this is less prevalent in the X-9000.
Encoder sensors, on the other hand, are capable of tracking motor position at all speeds and do so more frequently than hall sensors. As a result they can deliver a smoother more responsive and controllable powerband and they do not generate the same type of current spikes that often cause controller issues. Furthermore, they contribute to improved low-end torque control and overall motor response.
EBMX motor have been custom built and are finely tuned to work with the EBMX X-9000 controller. These motors will work with many other types of controllers, however they may require you to do your own custom tuning