FINALLY, A FORK BUILT FOR THE BIKES WE LOVE!
EXT Racing Shox is extremely proud to introduce the brand new FERRO USD 36, an upside-down 36mm stanchions fork which it’s going to complete our E-MX line-up. Hard heat-treated chrome moly steel stanchions (Superfinish surface treatment), 7000 series aluminum construction upper legs and a 205mm travel design with a dedicated triple clamp, make the core of the new 36mm USD fork, developed for minimum friction and high stiffness.
The FERRO USD 36 fork uses the HS3 technology, the unique hybrid air spring system, already been famous with the appreciated mtb fork ERA V2. Two separate positive air chambers work with one, high volume self-equalizing negative air chamber; HS3 is focused on mid-stroke support around the dynamic sag position while offering amazing sensitivity and bottom-out protection.
An high-flow 3-way adjustable hydraulic cartridge is installed inside the fork and with an independent High/Low speed compression and Rebound adjustments set a new standard on the fork adjustability, allowing each rider to properly adjust the damping forces according to his riding style and weight. The possibilities to tailor the fork on your preferences have become unlimited!
Available with a Flat Crown for 19" wheels and drop crown for 21" wheels.
PRE-INSTALLATION SERVICES (see install video below)
Make installing your new fork a breeze with our pre-install kit and service. When you purchase the Fork Install Kit and the Fork Install Kit Service your fork will arrive already cut to length, starnut installed, and lower steer tube bearing pressed onto your fork and greased. This avoids having to buy expensive special tools or convincing your local MTB shop to do this install for you (most won't). You'll also need a steer tube Spacer Set and if you want to run a 21" with the flat upper crown you'll also need a Zero Stack Upper Headset. You'll be able to install your fork with basic tools that you probably already have.
- 36mm hard chromed steel stanchions (heat treated 42CrMo4) with Superfinish surface treatment
- Dedicated triple clamp design uppers (7000 aluminum series)
- HS3 system: twin positive air system ¬+ 1 large negative self-balancing air chamber, allows to get an optimum level of support through all the travel
- Chromed steel air spring shaft with Superfinish surface treatment
- High-flow 3-way adjustable cartridge with independent High/Low speed compression and rebound adjustments
- External pressure air release system on both legs
- Twin hexagonal floating axle, boost compatible ∅20mm
- Air spring and cartridge radial guide system with bespoke aeronautical seals (minimize friction on side loads)
- Large piston design for best damping control and separate IFP/coil energized compression valve
- No cavitation and low hysteresis
- Self-hydraulic cartridge bleeding
- Dedicated Mobile Sliding DU guiding system with super-long static overlap (for maximum guidance and best torsional rigidity). (CGB Continuously Guided Bushing system to increase stiffness)
- 205 mm of travel and 44 mm offset
- 200 mm post mount brake
- Pressure release one way valves on both legs
- Weight 4500gr (9.9 lbs)