The 21" Front Wheel is one of the most popular upgrades in the industry with these advantages: huge tire selection, rolls over terrain easier, massive traction, no more flat tires. Charged builds these with oversized 10g spokes built in the USA by Buchanan.
- 21x1.6 Tusk Impact Black Rim, or choose an Excel Rim in multiple colors
- Upgraded 10g stainless steel spokes and nipples made in the USA by Buchanan
- Hub Charged Cycle Works or OEM
- Run 15 psi or less with 2mm tube
TIRE INSTALLATION AVAILABLE!!
If you add a tube and tire + $29 labor fee to your order, we will install the tire ready to ride out of the box. Motorcycle shops charge $50 to install a tire and have a waiting period of multiple days.
You must verify that your fork is compatible with a 21" front tire, many are not! Forks we know to be compatible are: DNM Inverted OEM fork, DVO Onyx, and most other aftermarket 27.5" sized forks like Fox40, Marzocchi 58, Manitou Dorado, etc.. MOST 26" forks are NOT compatible with 21" wheels.
Now...what are you going to do about your rear end? We recommend one of these two options:
- Thrifty: Upgrade your OEM Rear tire to a 19x3.50 Shinko 241 Trials
- Ultimate: Upgrade your rear wheel to an 18" wheel to match the capabilities of your new 21" front.
There are a few considerations to a 21" Front wheel upgrade we want you to be aware of:
- Adding rotational mass makes the bike feel heavier and turn a bit slower. Most people don’t mind, but those who love a quick and nimble bike prefer 16/19 to retain those attributes. Those wanting a taller and larger bike prefer the 18/21.
- Upgrading just the front to 21" raises the front which changes the geometry of the bike and shifts weight onto the rear end which makes the bike feel off-balance. There is also a traction imbalance. We highly recommend you upgrade to a rear 19x3.50 tire or an 18” wheel to match the 21”.
*All our wheels are hand built to order, please expect 2-3 weeks for delivery.