The 18/21" wheel combination is a popular upgrade with these advantages: increase in ride height, rolls over terrain easier, massive traction, minimize chance of flat tires, and the option of installing the Neutech Tubliss System.
- 18x2.15 Tusk Impact Black Rim, or choose an 18x1.85 Excel Rim in multiple colors. Some Excel rims are 18x2.15 in size
- Upgraded 10g stainless steel spokes and nipples made in the USA by Buchanan
- OEM hub (custom billet hubs coming soon)
- Axle Grease
To minimize power and range losses with 18" wheels, we only recommend these two tires! Unfortunately we are not able to stock these in our store at this time. If ordering an 18" wheel, please be sure you are able to find and purchase one of these tires:
- Dunlop MX33 90/100-18
- Dunlop K990 90/100-18
With an 18" rear wheel, you should also upgrade to a 21" front wheel in order to maintain the correct bike geometry and match the traction front to rear.
All our wheels are hand built to order, please expect ~3 weeks for delivery.
- 18/21 wheels and tires makes the bike feel slightly heavier and turn slower.
- With 90/100-18 MX33 we have measured ~5% power reduction which is acceptable, we strongly discourage 100/100 or 100/90 sized tires.
- Upgrading to a 60t or larger sprocket (and chain) is recommended to regain lost power.
*All our wheels are hand-built when ordered, please allow ~3-4 weeks for delivery.