- SPOT X provides 2-way satellite messaging when you’re off the grid or beyond reliable cellular coverage. Connect SPOT X to your smart phone via Bluetooth wireless technology through the SPOT X app to access your contacts and communicate easily with family, friends, or directly with Search & Rescue services in a life-threatening situation. If preferred or when necessary, SPOT X can be used as a standalone communication device. SPOT X has its own dedicated U.S. mobile number, so others can message you directly at any time.
- SPOT devices require an active service subscription to properly perform. All subscriptions auto-renew at the end of the contract term.
- MESSAGE: Exchange messages with any cell phone number or email address from virtually anywhere in the world.
- S.O.S.: Send an S.O.S. to the 24/7 Search & Rescue center, message back and forth about the nature of your emergency, and receive confirmation when help is on the way.
- SPOT X APP: Easily connect the SPOT X device to the SPOT X app via Bluetooth and have satellite connectivity at your fingertips.
- TRACKING: Select from 2½, 5, 10, 30, or 60 minute tracking intervals, and let family, friends and other adventurers follow your progress with SPOT’s easy-to-use Google Maps™ interface.
- CHECK IN: Quickly and easily let everyone know you're OK. .
- COMPASS: Built-in compass and programmable waypoints to help you navigate.
- HEIGHT 6.54" (16.61 cm)
- WIDTH 2.9" (7.37 cm)
- THICKNESS 0.94" (2.39 cm)
- WEIGHT 7.0 oz. (198.4g) with Lithium batteries
- BLUETOOTH RANGE Up to 30 ft
- OPERATING TEMP -4F to 140F (-20C to +60C)
- STORAGE TEMP -4F to 140F (-20C to +60C)
- OPERATING ALTITUDE -328ft to +21,320ft (-100m to +6,500m)
- IMPACT, WATER & DUST RESISTANT (IP67) Submersible up to 1m for 30 minutes