This is a complete wheelset with off-road tires mounted ready to ride out of the box. Set your PSI, install your brake rotors and sprocket, and you are ready to ride in minutes!
The 18/21" wheel combination is a popular upgrade with these advantages: increase in ride height, rolls over terrain easier, massive traction, reduction of flat tires.
Excel and Tusk Include:
- Billet Aluminum Charged Hubs available in (Black, Red, Blue, Gold)
- 18” Warp9, Tusk, or Excel Rear Rim
- 21” Warp9, Tusk, or Excel Front Rim
- Front Tire: Michelin Starcross or Pirelli MX32 (based on availability)
- Dunlop K990 for RST Forks, or others available upon request
- Rear Tire Choices: Dunlop K990, MX33 90/100x18, or K257D based on availability
- 2mm HD Tubes
- Upgraded 10g stainless steel spokes made in the USA by Buchanan
Fits: Surron Light Bee / Segway x260
- 18/21 wheels and tires are great for lifting the bike and providing additional ground clearance and taller seat height.
- The increase in rotational mass makes the bike feel slightly heavier and slows the bike by about 5%, see our Acceleration Testing here.
- Upgrading to a faster, lighter chain is recommended to regain loss of power with an 18/21 setup.
- Be sure to study our tire weights page to understand how much weight is added to your bike and make a great tire selection.
You must verify that your fork is compatible with a 21" front tire, many are not! Forks we know to be compatible are: DNM Volcano inverted OEM fork, DVO Onyx, Manitou Dorado, Fox 40, Marzocchi Bomber 58, and other aftermarket 27.5" and 29" sized forks. MOST 26" forks are NOT compatible with 21" wheels.
KKE forks (with OEM brakes) have been known to rub the spokes slightly. We highly recommend upgrading your front brake rotor to a 220mm or larger setup. Not only will this will increase your braking power, it will help avoid any rubbing caused by our thicker spokes.
The RST Killah is incredibly narrow most 19" tires do not fit, however we have TWO 21" tire that will fit inside of it's narrow crown, this is the K990 2.7 and Mitas 2.75x21 E-09 Super Light. If you have an RST fork please let us know so that we mount a K990 rather than the Starcross, the Starcross will not fit an RST.
You will likely have kickstand clearance problems with an 18" rear tire. You have 3 options to fix this. You can modify the spring bolt yourself to clear the tire (or simply buy a replacement M6 bolt from your local hardware store). You can remove your kickstand. Or you can purchase the NTC Footpeg Mounts which are made for larger tires.
*All our wheels are hand built to order, please expect 2-3 weeks for delivery.