The 16/19 combination is our FAVORITE setup for the SurRon, it maintains the best power to weigh ratio and the fun, light, and nimble nature that we all LOVE about the Surron. This is the primary reason we started Charged Cycle Works, so that we could offer an affordable wheel solution that let you run some of the best MX tires on the planet. Significantly increase your Sur-Ron's performance with our upgraded 16" rear wheel ready to install. By upgrading to a 16" rear wheel you'll benefit from the best possible traction while maintaining a reasonable weight with minimal impact on power and range.
Pair our 16" rear wheel with an upgraded 19" front tire (on your stock rim) and you'll be loving the dramatic increase in traction and handling and confidence. Or purchase a matching 19" Wheel here.
- 16x1.85 Rim (Excel, Tusk, or Warp9)
- Upgraded 10g stainless steel spokes made in the USA by Buchanan (Warp9 uses straight pull 10g)
- Charged Cycle Works Billet hub available in: Black, Gold, Blue, Red
- Rim Strip (Warp9 uses W9 hub)
- Spoke Wrench
- Axle Grease
- 5.3 lbs (with 10g spokes and aluminum nipples)
- Warp9 wheels come with a 54t sprocket and 203mm rotor (with this 54t setup, you'll need a longer 110 link chain).
TIRE INSTALLATION AVAILABLE!!
If you add a tube and tire + labor fee to your order, we will install the tire ready to ride out of the box. Motorcycle shops charge $50 to install a tire and have a waiting period of up to a week. Save time and money and let us do it for you!
All our wheels are hand built to order, please expect 3 weeks for delivery.
*** 16" Warp9 rims are NOT DRILLED FOR RIM LOCKS, if you want a rim lock installed you'll need to buy Tusk or Excel.
- If you want to keep the quick and nimble feeling of the Surron while drastically improving traction and handling, the 16/19 setup cannot be beat. Every person who rides our 16/19 equipped surrons are blown away by the drastic improvement over OEM.
- 16/19 rules our Track Lap Time record for a stock powered bike.
- 16/19 provides massive traction improvements with minimal weight gain.
- Upgrading to a 54t aluminum sprocket and a new chain will provide acceleration FASTER than the OEM setup (see our YouTube Tests).
- Run lower tire pressures for more traction, we typically run 15psi.
- If your priority is making your Surron feel larger with bigger wheels then check out our 18/21 Wheel & Tire Combo
- We recommend adding the .75" linkage to your 16" rear. It helps correct the geometry.
Note: Although we do our best to expedite every order, please allow for a 2-3 week build time. Each wheel is made by hand to ensure perfect fit.