Installation Requirements READ BEFORE PURCHASING!!
Included in package:
- Dorado 29 Comp Fork
- Boost disk rotor spacer
- Factory installed Medium Spring (see weight chart below)
XX-Firm Spring Installation + Install Kit ADD-ON
- Installation of XX-Firm Spring
- Head tube cut to length for ZS Upper Headset
- Star Nut Installed
- Wolf Tooth Zero Stack Performance Upper Included
- Steering Stem Spacers
- Lower bearing and seal pressed onto fork
Required for Install (if you do not choose the Install Kit Add-On)
- Fork Install Kit
- Zero Stack ZS44/28.6 Top Headset (do not replace lower)
- Star Nut
- Lower Bearing
- Spacer/seal is not included, dorado does not have space for it.
- Steer tube cut
- Star Nut pressed into steer tube
- Steer tube spacers to set correct tension
- Lower bearing and spacer removed from OEM fork and pressed onto steer tube
- Tools and Experience (take it to your local MTB shop for install)
You've never experience PLUSH SUSPENSION until you've ridden a high quality coil sprung fork like the Dorado Comp. You will love how it soaks up the terrain and makes it feel like a pillow is attached to your handlebars. It's a level of plush that no air fork can achieve. While this fork isn't great for heavy and pro level riders, it's great for those who are looking for a plush fork that soaks up the terrain.
Coil Fans Rejoice!
Once again, the Dorado is available with a coil option. The new Dorado Comp features the same 37mm chassis as the Expert, but with a more set it and forget it vibe. The coil spring provides a smooth consistent feel 100% of the time with 0% of any hassle. On the damping side of things our ABS+ Damper offers a great adjustment range, terrific reliability, and easy serviceability. The Dorado Comp is built for riders who just want to ride and not sweat any of the small stuff.
- Wheel Size: 29"
- Weight: 3600g (Firm Spring)
- Offset: 57mm Drop Crown (29'')
- Ride Height: 602mm (29'')
- Travel: 180, 190, 203mm internally adjustable
- Spring: Coil (5 rates available)
- Compression Damping: Absolute Plus (ABS+)
- Rebound Damping: Cartridge Adjustable TPC
- Adjustments: LS Compression, Rebound, Spring Preload, Spring Rate
- Steerer: 1-1/8" Straight
- Crown: Forged
- Leg Diameter: 37mm
- Leg Material: 6000 Series Aluminum
- Brake Post Mount: 203mm (223 Max)
- Axle: 110mm x 20mm BOOST Thru Axle
- Max Tire Size: 67mm
- Extras: Threaded TSR
- Options: Fender
- E-Pac: Yes
Optional Springs for Dorado Comp (sold separately)
Use the tuning chart below to determine the correct spring rating for your body weight, bike, and riding style. If you are a fast aggressive rider you might want to go up one size in springs. Installation of the spring is available here if you would like us to install the spring for you, you'll need to add both the Fork and Spring to you cart plus the install labor fee.
NOTE: Charged Cycle Works has modified this weight chart to include the extra weight of the surron so all you have to do is use the first column of your body weight (including gear) to select the correct spring rate. NOTE riders approaching 200lbs with gear should not purchase this fork, you are better off with an air fork which can ramp up to higher weight support as there is no spring option available for your weight.
|Weight (lbs)||Rate||Stripe Color|
|110-133||Medium||Blue (Stock Spring)|
Installation Instructions for Surron:
Out of the box this fork will not fit the surron steer tube with the 1" tall roller bearing adapter that comes on the OEM surron. You must swap your upper headset to a Cane Creek 40 ZS44/28.6 or similar zero stack headset (NOT INCLUDED) which reduces the steer tube length by approximately 1/2". It his highly recommended you take this to your local bike shop for proper installation!! Most of the bikes that come into our shop with aftermarket forks were not installed correctly and by installing this yourself you might cause permanent damage to the fork, your bearings, headset, surron frame, or even your body! This is not something you want to risk by DIY if you are not an experienced bike builder. DO NOT CHANGE YOUR LOWER HEADSET BEARING, YOU WANT THE STRENGTH OF THE OEM SURRON LOWER BEARING.
Installation Instructions for Talaria:
The Talaria with spacer on bottom of head tube requires a lot of DIY effort to install and is not recommended. If you have one of these bikes please see our Custom Tuned FastAce fork with 65lb spring, this is BETTER than the new Talaria Factory fork and will fit your bike without additional modifications.